BIFA reserves the right at all times to vary, change, alter, amend, add to or remove any of these terms. By using the web site you accept that you are bound by the current terms and conditions and notices and we therefore recommend that you check these each time you revisit the site. The use of this site following a revision of the terms shall be deemed as acceptance of and agreement to abide by all such revisions.
- All copyright and intellectual property rights including trademarks in any material in this web site is either owned by BIFA or has been licensed to BIFA by the right’s owner unless otherwise indicated.
- Access to this web site is granted for personal use only and the user agrees not to access any material on this web site by any other means than through the web site.
- Copying, distributing or any use of the materials contained on this web site for any commercial purpose is strictly prohibited.
- You may not create a database by systematically downloading substantial parts of this web site.
- As a condition of your use of this web site, you warrant that you will not use this web site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions and notices. BIFA may block, suspend or terminate your access to this web site at any time in its absolute discretion.
- Nothing contained in this web site shall be deemed or construed to confer on any person any licence or right on the part of BIFA or any third party with respect to any images, logos and names on this web site unless otherwise expressly stated herein.
- BIFA does not endorse or accept any liability for any of the products or services that may be advertised or published in this web site or for any error or inaccuracy in the advertisement. Members, advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion in this web site complies with all relevant laws.
- BIFA recommend users request evidence to any accreditation and documentation that may be advertised or published on this web site from the members, advertisers and sponsors. This web site does not constitute such evidence.
- Nothing in this web site or the documents available through it constitutes legal or other professional advice. You should not rely on any information contained in this web site as if it were legal advice or other professional advice. The documents published on this web site are for general guidance and information only and do not contain definitive advice.
- Although every effort is made to virus-check documents and files before they are posted on this web site, BIFA cannot guarantee that documents or files downloaded from this web site will be free from viruses and BIFA does not accept any responsibility for any damage or loss caused by any virus. For your own protection, you must use virus-checking software when using this web site. You must not provide or post through this web site any document or file which you believe may contain a virus. Such document or file must be virus-checked prior to being submitted for inclusion on this web site.
- Any document or file which is submitted for inclusion on this web site must not contravene any applicable laws or contravene any person’s legal rights. BIFA does not accept any responsibility for any damage or loss suffered as a result of documents or files provided by other persons or posted on this web site.
Except as expressly permitted by applicable law and in this site, no part of this web site, including information, images, logos, photos and overall appearance of the site (except to the extent required in order to use this web site in accordance with these terms and conditions), may be copied, republished, stored in any medium (including in any other web site), distributed, transmitted, re-transmitted, modified, broadcast or reproduced in any form whatsoever or any document available through this web site without the prior written permission of BIFA or the copyright owner or licensee, except for your own personal use.
“British International Freight Association (BIFA)” and the “BIFA” logo are trademarks (UK00002653866) and their use is forbidden unless prior written permission of BIFA is obtained.
- Links to other websites:
This web site contains links to other web sites operated by third parties. The links are provided for convenience only and to help you find additional information. BIFA does not accept any responsibility over the content of these third party web sites and specifically excludes to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability that may arise with respect to or as a result of such material causing damage, costs, injury or financial loss of any kind. The inclusion of the links in this web site does not constitute an endorsement of such web sites, and your linking to these sites is at your own risk.
Electronic links to this web site are prohibited without the prior written consent of BIFA.
- Content Accuracy:
Whilst all reasonable effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this web site and the Internet links established here, no responsibility is accepted for any error or omission and any and all liability which might arise from your use or reliance on the information or links on this web site is excluded. We do not endorse or accept any responsibility for any content on or software downloaded from any web site linked to this web site. No liability is accepted for the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this web site or for any reliance placed by any person on the information. BIFA makes no representations that the information contained in this web site is accurate, comprehensive, verified or complete.
Publications provided within this web site are intended for general information only and do not constitute legal or other professional advice. Please also note that the publications are updated regularly and you should check the date of the publication to ensure that you have the latest version.
- Limitation of liability and disclaimers:
BIFA does not guarantee that access to this web site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, that this web site will be free from viruses or that this web site cannot be tampered with by third parties. This web site and the information are provided on an ‘as is’ basis, without any representation or endorsement being made and without any warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to any implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, all such terms and warranties are hereby excluded.
In no event will BIFA be liable, whether in contract or tort including negligence or breach of statutory duty or otherwise, for any losses sustained and arising out of or in connection with the use of this web site including without limitation loss of profit, loss of data or loss of goodwill whether direct or indirect nor any indirect, economic, consequential or special loss arising out of or in any way connected with the sue of this web site or with the delay or inability to use this web site or for any information, products or services obtained through this web site. Use of this web site and the information is entirely at the user’s sole risk. In no event will BIFA be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or related to this web site. Your sole and exclusive remedy for dissatisfaction with this web site and/or information is to stop using the site and the information.
- Online privacy statement:
BIFA’s privacy principles demonstrate its commitment to maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of all information that it collects.
Under no circumstances will BIFA share any of your registration information with third parties without your permission.
The information we collect
The personal information provided, such as your name and e-mail address, is used for the sole purpose of signing up for email/RSS alerts and/or to log in as a member in order to view certain information on the web site and or to book events and training courses. The personal information is not fed back into any in-house database at BIFA. BIFA will not share your personal information with third parties for commercial purposes.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 you may request BIFA to provide you with details of personal information that BIFA holds about you. If you want to make a request for this information you should write to us at the address below.
If you have submitted personal information to us, you may at any time request to view it, have it removed from our database, or changed, by contacting us by e-mail, letter or telephone (details below). BIFA does not retain unnecessary data for any length of time.
Cookies are used on this site purely to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don't have to give the same information several times during one task
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don't need to do it for every web page requested
- measuring how many people are using the site, so it can be made easier to use and there's enough capacity to ensure it is fast enough
We use Google Analytics to measure how many people use this site. We do this to make sure the site is meeting users' needs and to understand how we could improve it.
Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. We do not collect or store any personal information (e.g. your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are. We also do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
The following cookies are used by Google Analytics:
- _utma stores a randomly generated number for 2 years
- _utmb stores a randomly generated number for 30 minutes
- _utmc stores a randomly generated number until you close your browser
- _utmz stores a randomly generated number and anonymous information on how the site was reached (e.g. direct or via a link or a search) for 6 months
The following cookie is used to provide other normal website functions:
- asp.net_sessionid stores a randomly generated number until you close your browser
If you do not wish to accept any cookies on to your machine you can disable them by adjusting the settings on your browser. However this is likely to adversely affect the functionality of websites you visit.
Please note that it is possible in some circumstances that we might be forced to disclose personally identifiable information in response to legal process or when it is required by law, for example in response to a court order or a law enforcement agency’s request. We cannot guarantee the privacy of personal information you transmit over the web or that may be collectable in transit by others including contractors who provide services to BIFA.We reserve the right to revise this policy or any part of it from time to time. Please ensure that you check the policy periodically to ensure that you have the latest version.
- Governing law:
Any dispute relating to these terms and conditions or this web site shall be governed by English law and the courts of England shall have exclusion jurisdiction in relation to any claim, dispute or other matters arising therefrom or from this web site.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions which shall continue to have full force and effect.
- The failure of BIFA to exercise any right or remedy under these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.
- A person who is not a party to these terms and conditions may not enforce any of its terms under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- Our address and general contact details are below.
British International Freight Association (BIFA)
Telephone: 020 8844 2266